My Adoring Fans

Sunday, September 28, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I LOVE YOU JON!!!!!!!!

Back in the day, I was the BIGGEST NKOTB fan there was!!!! For those of you who weren't a pre-teen girl in the early 90's, that's the New Kids On The Block. I had buttons and watches and EVERY cd and cassette tape and games and t-shirts and posters and posters and posters and a few more posters and watched the cartoon and knew every song by heart. I went to see them when the No More Games tour was going on, and they were my very first concert. I'll never forget getting to go see it. It was awesome. Even though I was at the far end of the arena and up in the nose bleed, Jon pointed at me!!!!! Can you tell he was my favorite. I mean, come on!! He's a Sagiterious, and I'm a Libra!! That's my perfect love match!! I was convinced that one day I was going to bump into him on the oh so busy streets of Arab, he was going to fall madly in love with me, we were going to get marrid, and have lots of wonderful little babies. BTW, I was like 12!! Then they broke up in '94 (yes, I know the year!). Well, for the last 15+ years, I've had a secret. I never stopped loving NKOTB!! Yes, I'll admit it. When I got an iPod for Christmas a couple of Christmas's ago, that was the first thing I downloaded from iTunes. I have listened and listened and listened to it too!! Then again, I am a sucker for anybody I loved back then. Tommy Page, NKOTB, Richard Marx, Roxette, even Milli Vanilli!! Anyway, back in April, I heard NKOTB was reuniting! It was like I was that 12 year old SCREAMING girl at her very first concert. My mom has recorded every time they've been on morning shows. Right now, I just finished watching the new VH1 Behind the Music special. Now it's the first few songs from their new tour. This is the closest I get to be to that. Stinkin shows are sold out and tickets are like $1 million!! Okay, closer to $200, but might as well be a million!! I can't wait to get the new CD! I'm going to ask Santa to put it in my stocking. I'd really love if he'd give me concert tickets, but I'm not going to push my luck. So, how many other closet Blockheads are out there? Is anybody else loving them being back together? *Step by step, oh baby...gotta get to you girllllllll* Ahhhhhhhh, I love the music from my childhood!! :) I hate that the concert is ending! I WANT MORE!!!!!

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

you are too funny! oh yeah, I know he was totally crushing you! LOL
woohoo, so stoked they are back2getha!

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 year old single mom to 3 great kids. Come back and visit us often to see what's going on with our everyday happenings in TN.

This is the story of the everyday, not-so-ordinary things that happen in our lives. There's fun, exciting, sad, and boring, but whatever happens, there's always some adventure. So, cme and check us out!