My Adoring Fans

Friday, July 11, 2008

Concert Memories

Mother Goose told me I'm slacking in the blogging department. I wasn't slacking! I've just been waiting for my kids to get home from their grandma's house. Not a lot going on for me when they're not around. So, I was looking through some old pictures and found these of a concert I went to with Luke. It was the first thing that Luke and I ever did alone together. Although it was just as friends. It was a fun night. We went to see Billy Dean. I LOVE Billy Dean!



There's a gentleman in our little town who is a HUGE song writer in the country music scene. His name is Richard Lee (on the right). He has a whole "concert series" where he invites his country music buddies down to do a concert. This one was held in the theater in our local bank. It's where we used to have community theater or where you go if you want to have a nice banquet type thing. Anyway, I was up town near the square one day and saw that he was going to have this one featuring Billy. I was sooooooooo excited. I bought the tickets before I asked Luke to go. I was going to go no matter what he said. I remember thinking how lucky I was to get the tickets since it was the day before the concert. I knew it was going to be sold out cause that's the kind of luck that I have.


I was sooooooooo nervous when I called Luke to ask him to go with me. I REALLY liked him, and I wasn't sure what he thought about me. The only other thing we'd done together was go see a Harry Potter movie with my sister-in-law, her sister, and her sister's then fiancee'. We had a good time, but it was still a little awkward cause we didn't know each other. So, I called him, and obviously, he said yes. He even suggested dinner. I was so excited I was almost jumping up and down. Of course, I had to go shopping for a new outfit to wear!! So, off to Cato's I go! The sales lady could see me agonizing over what to wear and asked what the occasion was. I told her it was my first date in almost 10 years. I wasn't sure that it was a date, but I was going to think of it that way! She helped me find the perfect outfit to wear!! It was sooooo comfortable, and it wasn't too dressy. It was great!!


The big day came, and I met him at the only local sit-down restaurant in town. I can't remember the last time I had been so nervous. How was my make-up? How did I look? Oh, please don't let me drip at dinner!!!!!!! LOL I don't remember what he had to eat, other than he had french fries. I can only remember that because he mixed his own fry sauce and made me try some. I was kinda shocked when he started picking food off my plate. To me, that was a sure sign that he was at least a little comfortable with me. I mean, who snags food off the other person's plate if they're uncomfortable? I was very surprised (but happy) when he picked up the check. Again, a good sign to me. So, he jumps into the van with me, and we're off to the concert.


It was a great concert. He told great stories and sang most of my favorite songs. It was AWESOME!!! It was also good because of the relaxed body language that Luke had. Much more relaxed than when we went to the movie. I left my hand loose on the table the whole night, just in case. Well, he didn't hold my hand that night. I'd have to wait more than a year for that, but it was worth the wait. After the concert, we walked back to the van, and I drove him back to his truck. I think we hugged, but I can't remember for sure. No use asking him. I know he'll never remember!! LOL That's okay. I'll remember everything for both of us. I didn't know what was going to happen in the future, but it all worked out for the best. That night was the beginning of a beautiful friendship as they say. Everytime I hear a Billy Dean song, I think about that night and how much fun it was. Glad I bit the bullet and asked him to go. What would have happened if I didn't? :)

So, there ya go Mother Goose!! Is that what you had in mind? You just wait til the kids get home next week. I'll have stories to tell then. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To the author of this blog,I appreciate your effort in this topic.

tiki_lady said...

Yes, yes perfect! I loved this. It was so much better than your share on HSH! LOL, You should have taken a pic of you and your outfit, and of LUKE that night. I love this beautiful story.

Unknown said...

Finally!!! I love it. Bring it on. Who doesn't like a love story? I want to read more!
Love ya!
Minetta

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 year old single mom to 3 great kids. Come back and visit us often to see what's going on with our everyday happenings in TN.

This is the story of the everyday, not-so-ordinary things that happen in our lives. There's fun, exciting, sad, and boring, but whatever happens, there's always some adventure. So, cme and check us out!